Monday, February 21, 2011

Sometimes there's a desire that runs deep inside of me that I'm not quite sure what to do with. Ever since I can remember music has been a huge part of my life. From walking around the house singing any song I could think of to playing in bands to leading worship. Even though I have felt God's call towards a Social Work degree, some days I cannot shake the feeling of music being a part of my future. I have no clue to what extent, but I question whether it is something other than worship on Sunday mornings. Not that it would be something "greater" than that, just something different...though maybe something similar. I have no clue.
We are creatures of an artistic God and through us flows his creativity. When we stop creating, we become destructive and sinful. We can only fulfill our purpose if we are willing to escape the doldrums of every day life and use the nature of God to birth his spirit; and let's be honest, music from the heart in direction towards God is a calling of his spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment