Friday, January 1, 2010

Life is a Blur (or Song2)


The irony of starting a blog while being bored is not lost on me. It’s 1:15am and I am deciding to document some sort of hidden narcissism. Now, I have no idea what exactly I am going to write about. I could just being starting something that I will never touch. I may or may not keep it updated.


Here’s the first though.


There’s a new chapter in life starting that I am not quite sure how prepared I am to encounter. For the first time in five years I will be going to school. Starting January 11th, I will be attending classes at Malone University in order to pursue a degree in social work. Where that degree will take me, I am not quite sure. What I do know is that I am feeling God calling me into a life of service for others. It’s a scary call, but it is just the exact type of life that a christian is meant to live.

Matthew 25 tells us that God will separate us based upon our actions towards those who need our help. James 2 explains how our faith and deeds are not separate but are tied together. We can talk about what we believe, but if we don’t have love than we are just resounding gongs (1 Cor. 13). So how do I live it out? This is the direction I am feeling called to follow.

Where does this lead me? I am not sure. I am trying to keep an ear out for where God is directing me. It could be to work in a juvenile detention center or with the homeless or high risk youth in a counselor position or even just coordinating different churches and organizations to work together. I have no clue.

It will be a fun ride though. Stressful, I am sure, but fun will be had. Joys and sorrows shared. So, here’s to the next step.

1 comment: